Once you have chosen your marking kit it is important that you choose the correct marking head to help achieve the best results. We manufacture a wide range of marking heads to suit most electrochemical marking applications depending on size of the mark, marking location and component shape.
Hand marking Heads (HM Series)
Easy to use hand held marking head suited to low volume marking and deep etching on most surfaces
- The electrolyte is applied directly ot the pad by the operator from a thin nozzle bottle
- Normally 5-6 marks can be obtained before the electrolyte needs to be replenished
- Head sizes range from 13mm x 31mm to 15mm x 64mm.
- Spares: Gridpads with integral felt pad, deep etch bridge (only if deep etch marking)
Carbon Marking Heads
Similar functionality to the HM Series but the carbon head does not oxidise so felt pads will normally have a longer life.
- Suitable for low or high volume applications.
- An electrolyte reservoir can be fitted which can be cleaner and easier than hand applied electrolyte.
- Bespoke heads can be machined to suit flat, concave, or convex surfaces.
- Can be manufactured with one or multiple electrodes on the same body and using several electrolye feeds if required.
- Spares/Accessories: Handle Assembly, Reservoir Assembly, Felt Pads, Clamping Ring
Remote Start Handle
We have recently redesigned our Remote Start Handle for Electrochemical Marking; now a lightweight and ergonomic hand marker, making it even easier to apply marks.
The RSH removes the need for the footswitch as a simple press of the marking head starts the marking cycle. The new design also incorporates the earthpin and electrolyte feed for mess free marking! The RSH is available with a 3m or 5m cable and can be used with the ME3000T or ME3000S marking units.
The new handle assembly can be used with any of our carbon heads enabling you to choose the right size head for your application. We are also able to machine the carbon marking heads to your exact requirements including a convex or concave radius for easy tube marking.
The carbon marking head range deliver real benefits:
- Long life carbon material that doesn't oxidise giving a more consistent electrical contact resulting in a more consistent mark
- A wide range of sizes but can also be machined to your specification
- Lower consumable costs as the head only requires 1 pad
- Easy to clean
The remote start handle can be used with stencil caps and stencil frames as well as disposable stencils. Stencil caps are often used with machine applied marks as the stencil is fitted to the marking head for pre-alignment. It removes the need for placing the stencil manually on the component before marking. They can also be used for hand marking applications, for example, where an inspection mark is required. Mostly used with long life photographic stencils but can also be used with disposable stencil paper. Stencil frames are useful for simple jigs and fixtures for machine or hand applied marks.
Saddle Marking Head
The Saddle Marking Head is ideal for marking cylindrical parts on which the mark encompasses about 10 degrees or less of the circumference.
- The design of this marking head permits the part to be cradled so the complete mark is made at one time
- The flexible side arms allow the stencil to wrap around the component
- Can handle a wide range of part diameters
- Can be used with the ME3000P and the Remost Start Handle Marking Head
- Spares/Accessories: Mesh grid pads, Conductive grid
Suited to marking vertical faces. The Pistol Marker has a carbon marking head and gives freedom for the operator to move to the part to be marked.
- Connected to marking unit by a 3m or 5m cable.
- Can be used with the ME3000T, ME3000S or older untils fitted with an 8 pin accessory socket and has an integral earth pin.
- It is supplied with an adjustable end stop and a V jig to help locat ethe pistol marker on various shaped components.
The convex Rocker Marker is designed for large marking areas, such as logos or label designs and nameplates onto flat surfaces.
- Gives a consistent high quality mark.
- Due to the large area of mark, these are typically used with 20 Amp marking units.
- Sizes range from 25mm x 100mm to 150mm x 100mm.
The Roller Marker is designed for large marking applications and is ideal for marking long stencils, scales and is used for strain grid marking.
- Compact and easy to handle.
- Marks large areas in a shorter time.
- Roller sizes 280mm, 100mm or 150mm wide.
Bench Fixture Marking Head
This marker is used for small flat or round parts. Ideal for centre drills, hand taps and dowel bins.
- Use for cylindrical parts where the mark will encompass more than 120 degrees of the circumference of the part.
- Consists of a flat base with the necessary electrical connections and a reservoir for electrolyte. The plate and pad which fit into this well provide the marking surface.
- A stencil is place over the pad and the cylindrical part is rolled over the stencil using the earth attachment.
- Spares/Accessories: Gride plate, Thin or medium felt pads